- This topic is empty.
May 19, 2021 at 8:36 am #18174Covenant Christian AcademyGuest
Covenant Christian Academy is seeking a qualified secondary school professional in the area of the Humanities. Te candidate for this position should hold a Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) in History or Classical studies. Te candidate must have deep and wide knowledge of the Humanities, the ability to flourish in our distinctly Christian and Classical model, and a passion for teaching high school students. An Upper School faculty position includes, but is not limited to, the following:
• Plan and teach Humanities coursework which could include: Rhetoric I, Classical History, Church History and/or American History (these courses range from grades 9-11).
• Collaborate with other Humanities teachers (English, History, Bible, Rhetoric) to build Classical content into all humanities classes (roundtable discussion, classical arrangement for essay writing, convincing and winsome public speaking).
• Be available for weekly Upper School faculty meetings.
• Perform weekly duties expected of all full time faculty and also serve as an Advisor for a small group of students
• Attend a limited number of specified school events as representative of the CCA Upper School faculty, including “Back to School Night,” “Discover Covenant,” Admissions Events and others.
• Be available during set hours each week to work with students individually for tutoring and/or coaching in the area of close reading and classically arranged writing.
• Working knowledge and experience with computer technology and computer software for educational applications is valuable and essential.
• Must be willing to sign CCA’s Statement of Faith and Core Values. Must maintain the highest Christian virtue and personal decorum, serving as a Christian role model and mentor both in and out of school, to students, parents, fellow faculty members and employees in judgment,
dignity, respect, and Christian living.
The Upper School Humanities Faculty position is a full time position with benefits. Supplemental income from after-school programs and/or individual tutoring may be available.
Contract runs: August 2021 through June 2022; teaching is on a 10 month cycle.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, professional resume, Christian faith statement, and philosophy of Christian education summary.
Submit requested materials to:
Tracy Bennett, Dean of Academics of the Upper School of Logic and Rhetoric
Covenant Christian Academy
83 Pine Street, West Peabody, MA 01960
Position will remain open until filled. Candidate interviews will be scheduled following review of requested material.
Position may be filled at anytime through the search process once a desired candidate has been identified.