Last year, UniteBoston hosted our second summer worship night in the Boston Common, and we were blown away to hear story after story about how God met people through the public worship. We had around 1,000 people in the audience, and it was inspiring to see many onlookers who wouldn’t normally step into a church building experience the power of God through worship.
UniteBoston is planning to host another worship night on August 17, 2019 at the Parkman Bandstand in the Boston Common. Our goal is to create a unique worship environment for all to come together and experience the love of Jesus. From our diverse backgrounds, we can together witness to a new unified community whereby all human barriers and social problems are eradicated through Christ’s work of reconciliation.
One of the greatest joys of UniteBoston is seeing friendships develop between Christians from various denominational and ethnic backgrounds who join to make all aspects of the UB worship night a reality. We would love to have you involved! We’re currently recruiting for people to join these three teams:
- 1. Development Team
- Do you want to learn about the development and operations side of non-profit management? The development team helps with fundraising and works alongside the creative team on graphic design and branding. This is a great opportunity to see what it takes to plan and operate big concerts!
- 2. Church Connection Team
- Do you enjoy meeting new people? The church connection team works to help connect pastors and ministry leaders to the UB worship night through sponsored tables and endorsements. If you enjoy building bridges and getting to know the beautiful diversity of churches in the area, this team is for you!
- 3. Prayer / Outreach Team
- This team is for people who enjoy praying for God’s work in Boston or sharing about the Christian faith. This team gathers regularly to pray for the preparation of the worship night. They also coordinate prayer and outreach initiatives to minister to people at the worship night.
This volunteer opportunity can also be used as internships to build the necessary skills and experience for your career. There is a 1-4 hour a week commitment, with flexible hours. If you are interested in joining one of the teams, email Kelly Fassett, email@example.com.
Thanks for joining into Jesus’ united gospel movement throughout our city!