This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Sally Jackson 2 weeks ago.
September 21, 2018 at 4:45 pm #13220
I’m Sally, and I’m looking for a 3rd individual or couple to come join two of us in my West Roxbury home. We’re considering women and men, Christians and non-Christians, singles and married couples (with increased rent) for roommates. I welcome conversations about whether the location, commute, house vision, and rent could be a good fit. Reach out with questions, and feel free to share with anyone you know is looking!
Vision for the home:
This home is increasingly becoming a gathering place for community-building and fun times! It’s ideal for getting to know neighbors, having semi-regular gatherings (think Bible study, or movie or game nights, or brunches) and parties, and being able to host friends and family overnight– and without kicking people to the couch. I hope the house can more and more be about hospitality and bringing people together, and I’m specifically looking for a roommate who is also comfortable with and excited about these things. I also hope we can live together intentionally. I hope that the home is seen as more than just a place to sleep when you’re not working! I look forward to having good communication, encouraging one another, sharing a movie or bottle of wine, eating together on a somewhat predictable basis–however we define that. We can talk about what this practically might look like.
About the roommates:
Well, people and food summarizes a lot about me! I love to cook, bake, travel, talk about deep things, read, spend time outside, ski, and sing. I am a moderate extrovert (I do like alone time) in my early 30s, generally work 9-5 (at BU in student services), love adventures and fun events, but love being home, too. The second roommate is also in her early 30s, a therapist at a local school, originally from the South, loves the outdoors, biking, travel, and honest conversations. We met at Church of the Cross!
About the house:
• 4 bedroom, 2 full bath single-family house (late-19th century colonial that’s really inviting) in West Roxbury (Boston). Three roommates total (me + two tenants) across 3 bedrooms, one guest room. Large living room, formal dining room, awesome country kitchen perfect for cooking up a feast, enclosed porch, backyard with patio, half-finished basement with family room, bathroom, laundry. Limited storage in walk-up attic. Ample street parking around.
• For transportation, there are four options:
1) the house is off of Lagrange St between Centre and VFW Parkway, making a quick escape by car to JP, Roslindale, Dedham, Newton, Brookline, or the city center really easy. I-95 is also not far off.
2) The West Roxbury commuter rail station (Needham line) is 0.5 miles from the house and can take you to Ruggles, Back Bay, South Station, etc.
3) The 37 bus stop is on the same block as the house, and the bus goes to Roslindale Village and Forest Hills station.
I can definitely talk to you about whether this location is ideal for your work and lifestyle (I have plenty of thoughts on it)!
• The house is also 0.7 miles to the YMCA, the local library branch, and an ice cream shop. All that central West Roxbury has to offer is only 0.1 miles beyond that. Roche Bros and Star Market groceries are accessible, and it’s only a 10 minute drive to Wegman’s. Green space abounds nearby, including popular Millennium Park.
• The house is furnished in shared spaces but your bedroom would be unfurnished. Your bedroom: 13’2″x12’6″, ceiling fan, two windows with great afternoon light, a decent medium-sized closet.
• See my post on Craigslist for some views of the shared living spaces! Pictures of the available bedroom upon request. https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/roo/6688694510.html
More important info:
• Lease starting anytime coming up! Very flexible move-in timing. Long-term lease through 8/31/19 preferred.
• A family dog visits several times each year, so you should be pet friendly.
• Up-front costs are first month’s rent and security deposit. Once month’s rent of $1065 is inclusive of utilities, including gas/heat, electric, internet, limited TV, water/sewer, and security. References and credit check (to be paid by renter) upon landlord request.
To ensure I see all emails, please do NOT reply to this post, but rather contact jackson.sally.e(at)gmail.com. You may also reply directly to the Craigslist ad.October 9, 2018 at 11:02 am #13291
You can now see pictures about this house at the latest Craigslist link: https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/roo/d/1-br-in-beautiful-hospitality/6718845330.html
Thanks!November 27, 2018 at 1:12 pm #13560
The latest Craigslist post where you can see pictures is now: https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/roo/d/1-br-in-beautiful-hospitality/6758870276.html
I look forward to connecting with you!