- This event has passed.
“Facing Our Racism: Becoming Conscious Partners”
March 14 from 12:00 pm - 4:30 pm$45
The killing of George Floyd and Breonna Taylor galvanized White people to become “conscious partners” with our Black sisters and brothers to end racism. Crucial to this new understanding and awareness is the formation of genuine, open, truthful relationships between Black and White community members. You are invited to take part in a “Facing Our Racism: Becoming Conscious Partners” workshop which analyzes the systemic, institutional, policy, and power-driven persecution and discrimination against Black Americans since the very beginning of slavery.
To register for this workshop on Sunday, March 14, 12 noon to 4:30 pm please click here: Facing Our Racism
- Dr. Ibram X. Kendi: Creating A More Equitable Society Is In White Americans’ Self Interest: https://youtu.be/dCUOX3NMd4U
- Deconstructing White Privilege with Dr. Robin DiAngelo: https://youtu.be/DwIx3KQer54
- How Racial Bias Works – and How to Disrupt It with Jennifer Eberhardt: https://www.ted.com/talks/
jennifer_l_eberhardt_how_ racial_bias_works_and_how_to_ disrupt_it
- A Blueprint for Reparations in the US | William “Sandy” Darity: https://youtu.be/hv88_R-XDDw
- Dr. Connie Holmes is a retired psychologist who counseled cancer patients and their families for 28 years in Boston and in the San Francisco Bay area. She conducts these workshops throughout the United States. Her great-grandfather perished in Theresienstadt, a World War II concentration camp. Her exposure to the horrors of the Final Solution has motivated her to join the struggle for racial justice in the United States.
- Dolores Moorehead, MS, APCC is the Lead Navigator/ Multi-Cultural Client Support Clinician at the Women’s Cancer Resource Center in Berkeley with over 30 years of experience that includes the American Cancer Society.