- This event has passed.
Elementary Teacher Job Opening at Grace Preparatory Academy
August 10 - September 8Free
Elementary School Teacher
Open Positions: Third & Fourth Combined Classroom Teacher
Grace Preparatory Academy (GPA), located in Needham, MA, is a University Model® school serving students in grades K-7. We are a distinctively Christian school community and seek Christian applicants. On Mondays and Wednesdays, students gather on campus to learn in traditional, mixed-age classrooms. On Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, students are instructed at home (satellite location) by their parents, according to lesson plans created by the classroom teachers. GPA is actively seeking qualified, Christian teachers for the upcoming 2021-2022 school year. Core subjects include: math, language arts, history/social studies, and science.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Elementary classroom teaching experience of at least two years (Qualified and/or Certified Teachers preferred)
- Experience in a faith-based educational setting
- Effective classroom management skills
- Enjoys children and desires to see them learn and succeed
- Firm, active faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Provide instruction for a 5-day academic program (2 days on campus, 3 days at satellite location).
- Tailor the classroom to meet student needs and create an exceptional learning environment.
- Utilize Planbook to communicate lessons to parents/co-teachers.
- Set and direct pacing of the curriculum.
- Ensure successful and joyful learning of all students in all core competencies.
- Compile report cards at the end of each semester.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with parents.
- Attend faculty meetings, morning prayer time, and other such meetings, Open Houses, orientations, institutes, workshops, parent/teacher conferences, and other professional meetings required by the administration.
To apply, please visit our website: https://graceprepboston.org/careers