The Metropolitan Community Church of Boston (MCC) will be observing the Transgender Day of Remembrance at Old West Church 131 Cambridge Street, Boston (near the Government Center T station). All are welcome.
Dear Church Leaders/Brothers/Sisters,
Greetings to you in His precious Name.
Venue: Wesley United Methodist Church, 8 North St, Salem, MA 01970 (limited parking available at church; enter from Lynde street)
Intercessory Prayer Group
Please join us for the FIRST EVER Catholic Conference on Contemporary Worship! This conference will provide both musicians and priests with the opportunity to learn, grow, and network, all within the context of contemporary worship. This FULL DAY of training will focus on contemporary worship music used in Catholic settings – specifically focusing on Holy Mass and Eucharistic Adoration.
If you are a MUSICIAN, this event is for YOU! Whether you aspire to someday lead people in worship or you are already a seasoned musician, whether you have played in liturgical settings or not, or even if you are a parish musician looking to learn more about contemporary worship and how you could begin to introduce it at your parish, we have something for you.
If you are a PRIEST, attend for FREE! If you have a heart for contemporary worship or just want to learn more about it, we would love to have you. Although this conference is mainly geared towards musicians, there will be two breakout sessions on Saturday morning focusing on leading adoration services. These breakouts will present both the musician’s perspective and the priest’s perspective. If you have little or limited experience in leading adoration, these sessions will walk you through how to run a service step-by-step.
In addition to our full day of training, there will be two optional worship nights before and after the conference. These nights will give you the opportunity to see two different kinds of worship nights modeled for you by our conference presenters. These pre and post conference events will be open to the general public.
Pastors and Leaders: Click Here to Download the Letter about the UB Worship Night and the application for a sponsored table.
Also, click here to read an endorsement for our worship night from Pastor Dave Swaim of the Highrock Church Network! And check out another endorsement from the Catholic Archdiocese of Boston!
There is something powerful about worshipping Jesus together.
Last year, Uniteboston hosted our first night of worship in the Boston Common, and it was a huge success!
“As ever, the simple act of all different people coming together to lift up the name of Jesus is the witness to the world that He is Lord. Our response to being created by God is to love Him and to share that with the city. As the lights came one in the buildings and the moon came up in the dark blue velvet sky, we planted God’s love in the heart of Boston.”
-Dr. Vito Nicastro, Archdiocese of Boston and UB Board Chair
“UniteBoston made the love of God visible in Boston on August 26th. God’s peace paid us a visit because it is only when we come together to love one another, that God’s peace will show up.”
–Read Rev. David Nunez’ blog about his experience at last year’s worship night
“I have never quite seen something like the worship night in Boston in such a public space. The location was perfect for catching passerby’s who would perhaps not normally find themselves at church but enjoyed the music. Also, because the music was specifically Christian, some people came up and asked for prayer or names of churches in the area. This provided a wonderful opportunity for ministry.”
-Jacqueline Turner, Aletheia Church
We are excited to announce that this year’s summer worship night will be on Thursday August 16th from 7:00 to 9:00pm in the Parkman Bandstand in the Boston Common!
Here are some ways you can help:
1. Spread the word – We appreciate your efforts to get the word out to congregation members and colleagues through Facebook invites, email campaigns, and church announcements. Here is a letter that is addressed to pastors and ministry leaders.
2. Host a Table – This year, we are coordinating sponsored tables as an opportunity to help spread the word about your church, ministry or business. The cost ranges from $100 to $250 depending on the organization size; all proceeds go to support the cost of coordinating the worship night. Click here for the application!
3. Donate – This event requires a variety of resources, including supplies, sound equipment rentals, and food. We would be honored if you would consider donating to help make this event successful: www.uniteboston.com/give
4. Get Involved – We’d love to have you involved on the logistics, music, outreach, or prayer teams! Email Kelly Fassett, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
5. Pray – Prayer makes a huge difference! We appreciate your prayers for smooth logistics, for unity among the various volunteer teams, for God’s presence to be made manifest through the worship team, for financial provision, and strong advocacy for the worship night among the varied church networks in our city.
Come worship with us on August 16th at 7pm at the Parkman Bandstand in Boston Common!
Thank you for joining into the UB community – As Christians, we are better together!
Tranforms Your Life! Join us for 3 Powerful days of teaching, uplifting, rejuvenation and fellowship as Christians from around the US gather for this 3 day conference.
- Experience the Power of God
- Powerful Anointed Teaching
- Miracle Prayer Sessions
- Leadership Training
- Dynamic Praise and Worship
- Join Christians from around the US
- FREE ADMISSION