This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Jared Kirk 2 weeks, 1 day ago.
February 6, 2019 at 2:30 pm #14431
Worship Leader Position Description
About the Organization:
Renewal church is a young, diverse, center-city church that was founded in February of 2014. We exist to see Jesus made famous, people made whole and Boston made new.
Snapshot: Size-100 // non-denominational, non-charismatic // Location-Boston, MA
About the Position:
Renewal Church seeks a spiritually growing and experienced paid part-time Worship Leader to build a strong music team. The Worship Leader will lead a diverse community of followers to engage God through musical worship, and ensure that all Renewal worship gatherings are executed with excellence through the recruiting, training, and development of leaders and volunteers. This individual will closely collaborate with the Pastoral Staff in formulating the weekend worship experience. The successful candidate will have proven experience building teams as well as discipling and developing volunteers as they offer insight, direction, and value to the creative development and direction for services.
What We are Searching For/Qualifications:
Experience and Skills:
• Can show up promptly and communicate in a timely fashion
• A proven track record of leading worship (1-3 years) successfully in a church context
• Versatile, excellent musicianship both vocally and instrumentally guitar preferred, keyboard acceptable
• Ability to provide clear direction to musicians
• Possess an understanding of musical arrangements and charting
• Knowledge of Planning Center a plus
Culture and Fit:
• A desire for diversity and a love for Boston
• Is comfortable leading contemporary music
• Skill leading the church in worship that non-Christians can connect with
• Plan and organize in advance as well as adjust very quickly to any changes that might need to be made
• A self-starter who takes ownership of ministry and works rigorously toward improvement
• Enjoys living in a big city
Songs We’ve Played Recently:
You must be able to lead songs like these to do the job: Champion – Bryan and Katie Torwalt, Great Are You Lord – Bethel, Rising Sun – All Sons and Daughters, I Surrender All – the famous hymn, O Praise the Name – Hillsong, Way Maker – Sinach
To apply for this job, email a copy of your current resume, a cover letter explaining why you think you would be a good fit for this job, and a link to a video of you playing and singing to email@example.com. It can be a simple iphone video at home, but we will not review a resume submitted without a video.