This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Vicki Best 1 year, 3 months ago.
November 19, 2018 at 10:05 pm #13540
American Scientific Affiliation
Position: Membership and Outreach Manager
The American Scientific Affiliation (ASA) was founded in 1941 as an international network of Christians in the sciences. The mission of the ASA is to encourage the Christian church and the scientific community to discuss and share discoveries and perspectives about science and Christian faith, while providing a community of fellowship for Christians involved in science and related fields. Please check out our website at asa3.org to learn more about the ASA.
Summary of Position: Reporting to the Director of Operations and Development, the Membership and Outreach Manager oversees membership records and data to ensure accuracy, responds to member requests, and manages the membership renewal and event registration processes. This position also works with the office team to plan and execute the Annual Meeting in July, and actively promotes publicity for the organization.
• Maintain member and local chapter data in the Your Membership (YM) data management software.
• Manage quarterly membership renewal process including invoicing, renewal notifications, and payment processing.
• Configure online event registration forms and information.
• Process, update, and track event registrations.
• Assist with planning and implementation of ASA Annual Meeting. Travel with ASA staff to Annual Meeting location for one week in July.
• Create and send bulk emails from within the YM system.
• Organize content for quarterly Newsletter for publication.
• Create monthly online News updates for members and quarterly updates for chapter leaders.
• Maintain and track contact information for members in the YM system.
• Support Local Chapter leaders with application process, member management and regular communication.
• General office responsibilities include: preparing and shipping materials for ASA events and meetings; answering office phone; maintaining office supply, shipping, and vendor accounts.
• Regularly engage web, print, radio and TV media outlets to arrange ASA publicity and interview opportunities.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree; technical knowledge of and experience with database structure and function; knowledge of and experience with Windows, Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint; highly skilled, confident, courteous, and professional in written and verbal communications.
Personal Skills: Strong work ethic, excellent communication and customer service skills, attention to detail, organized, ability to problem solve, multi-task and work as a team player, desire to learn about science and faith issues and resources.
Starting Date: Immediately
Hours: 25 – 30 hours/week, flexible work hours
Compensation: Competitive non-profit salary; commensurate with experience.
Applications: To apply, please contact Vicki Best, Director of Operations and Development, at email@example.com or 978-807-5189 (cell).