- This topic is empty.
September 16, 2020 at 10:23 pm #17157Boston Center for Pregnancy ChoicesGuest
POSITION: Executive Director
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
SUPERVISES: All paid staff and volunteers
Do you want to lead a dynamic, passionate team and drive growth for a mission-minded organization? Boston Center for Pregnancy Choices is a 503(c) non-profit organization that exists to empower women and men considering abortion to choose life for their child and life for themselves in Christ. BCPC is the only life-affirming pregnancy resource center in downtown Boston, serving a vibrant, diverse city as a Christian organization that is non-denominational, non-political, and non-judgmental. BCPC currently is run by a team of five passionate staff members and operates with a $500k annual budget. The new Executive Director (ED) will drive the current major strategic initiatives for the center:
• Establish a partnership with a licensed physician on-site to provide free ultrasounds to our clients,
• Provide comprehensive services to men,
• Expansion of post abortion services and programs.
With the challenges brought about by the Covid-19 pandemic, it is more critical than ever to be able to offer on-site ultrasound referrals with a doctor subletting space within the office space.
Additional focus will need to be given to managing a staff that is both in person and remote throughout the repercussions of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The ED is a full-time, exempt, permanent position, with a compensation package that is in-line with similar non-profits and includes a health care reimbursement program and vacation time.
Objectives of the Position:
The Executive Director has full operational responsibilities for BCPC’s staff, programs, development, and strategic initiatives. The ED has responsibility for the implementation of the policies and procedures approved by the Board of Directors within the parameters of the pregnancy center’s budget. The ED is a strong leader that is the face and voice of BCPC in the city of Boston and thinks strategically and creatively to grow the organization.
Board Approved 09/14/2020
• Be a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, and agrees with the BCPC Statement of Faith, Statement of Principle, and Statement of Marriage and sexuality
• Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the pro-life position and BCPC’s Vision and Mission Statement.
• Have a bachelor’s or advanced degree, preferably in business administration or non-profit management.
• Have senior management experience, with a proven track record of leading teams, developing individuals, managing a budget, and achieving goals.
• Is a self-starter and is resourceful, with proven fundraising, communication, strategic, and problem-solving skills.
• Can provide spiritual leadership and encouragement for staff members and volunteers.
• Have experience as a volunteer or employee in a pregnancy resource center.
• Have developed and executed strategies that have elevated an organization to the next stage of growth.
I. Principal Responsibilities:
• Provide managerial support, direction, supervision and training to all paid staff.
• Conduct written and oral evaluations of staff on a yearly basis and interns as needed.
• Oversee ongoing assessments and yearly evaluations of volunteers.
• Coordinate with treasurer, directors and staff on annual budget that is presented to the board of directors for approval and oversee expenditure of budgeted expenses.
• Oversee and ensure that accurate and current financial records are kept and reported to the board monthly.
• Manage statistical reports, accurate record keeping and monthly reporting to the board.
• Coordinate a yearly calendar for the ministry and the implementation of special events.
• Ensure that all center policies are carried out, as well as coordinate with appropriate staff member(s) any new policies to be approved and implemented.
• Ensure the on-going professional appearance of the Center.
• Hold consistent meetings with staff to be comprised of client and staff needs and progress. Attend all board meetings.
• Maintain policies and procedures manual for the operation of the center.
• Oversee management and accurate record keeping of donors.
Board Approved 09/14/2020
• Oversee the conducting of volunteer training seminars as needed.
• Oversee and supervise volunteer in-service training, volunteer staff meetings, and ensure that policies and procedures are being followed.
C. Client Services
• Oversee counseling provided for clients.
• Oversee the proper maintenance of client records, referrals, and referral resource materials.
• Oversee supervision of the 24-hour hotline.
• Oversee the execution of major fundraising events, direct mail pieces and newsletters each year.
• Oversee the development of a program to appeal to church mission boards for financial support.
• Participate and facilitate communication with donors on a regular basis and create a stewarding plan for major donors.
• Involvement with the center’s visibility and possible expansion in the community.
• Obtain feedback and continually assess goals for establishment of effective ministry programs.
• Work with the Director of Community Engagement to establish an annual revenue resources plan and development goals.
E. Public Relations
• Oversee education of the local community, including churches, pastors, and community groups as well as the professional community about the center’s ministry.
• Oversee and develop of ongoing relationships with pastors and churches in the community.
• Develop and maintain relationships with other ministries and organizations that meet client needs.
• Represent the ministry and services of the pregnancy center to the community and the media when necessary.
• Oversee the development and revision of promotional materials used in presenting the pregnancy center to clients, community, and churches.
• Work closely with the board of directors to promote public awareness of the ministry through advertisement and church presentations.
For more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org