Pure Desire is called to advance the message of restoration and healing in the church body of Jesus Christ. Through the Pure Desire University (PD-U), men and women will come to understand the harmful impact of sexual addiction and be inspired to engage in the fight for healthy sexuality in the home and community.
The PD-U is a two-day conference designed to raise an awareness of the factors that create and reinforce unhealthy sexual behavior. It provides a comprehensive understanding and the tools required to develop a healing ministry that offers hope and freedom to men, women, students, and families. Through topics including Culture of Grace, Renewing the Mind, Establishing Sobriety, Group Dynamics, Family Dynamics, and Healing Woundedness, participants will gain the following:
- Understanding of the role shame plays in the addiction process
- Recognition of the significance of God’s continued and persistent grace in the lives of the addicted, which provides a foundational tool for restoration and healing
- Knowledge of the truth behind the neurochemistry of addiction, from both a biological and biblical perspective
- Realization of how childhood trauma and woundedness perpetuates addictive behavior
- Identification of the specific behavioral triggers that contribute to addiction
- Development of an understanding of the many Pure Desire resources available for individuals, groups, or families; and the practical application of each product