Part Time Worship Leader Position Available
February 8 - March 9
Worship Leader Position at Renewal Church
Renewal Church is a young, diverse, center-city church that was founded in February of 2014. We exist to see Jesus made famous, people made whole and Boston made new.
Snapshot: Size – 100 and growing // non-denominational, non-charismatic
About the Position:
Renewal Church seeks a spiritually growing and experienced PAID part-time Worship Leader to lead our church in glorifying God. The Worship Leader will ensure that all Renewal worship gatherings are executed with excellence through the recruiting, training, and development of leaders and volunteers. This individual will closely collaborate with the Pastoral Staff in formulating the weekend worship experience. The successful candidate will have proven experience building teams of both paid and non paid musicians and vocalists, discipling and developing volunteers and offer insight, direction, and value to the creative development of the Sunday service.
Education: Any education level
Experience and Skills:
- Can show up promptly and communicate in a timely fashion
- A proven track record of leading worship (1-3 years) successfully in a church context
- Versatile, excellent musicianship both vocally and instrumentally (guitar preferred, keyboard acceptable)
- Ability to provide clear direction to musicians and vocalists
- Possess an understanding of musical arrangements and charting
- Ability to manage time and tasks to maintain deadlines
- Knowledge of Planning Center a plus
Culture and Fit:
- Ability to lead worship that is accessible and meaningful for both Christians and non Christians alike.
- Plan and organize in advance as well as being flexible
- A self-starter who takes ownership of ministry and works rigorously toward improvement
- A love for Boston
Songs We’ve Played Recently:
You must be able to lead songs like these to do the job: Champion – Bryan and Katie Torwalt, Great Are You Lord – Bethel, Rising Sun – All Sons and Daughters, I Surrender All – the famous hymn, O Praise the Name – Hillsong, Way Maker – Sinach
To apply for this job, email a copy of your current resume, a cover letter explaining why you think you would be a good fit for this job, and a link to a video of you playing and singing to firstname.lastname@example.org. It can be a simple iphone video at home, but we will not review a resume submitted without a video or cover letter.