- This event has passed.
Interim Associate Pastor for Children/Youth Christian Education & Ministry
January 22 - February 22
The Eliot Church of Newton located in Newton, MA is a progressive, open and affirming UCC faith community. We are seeking an interim half-time Associate Pastor to lead and oversee the Christian Education program for toddlers through senior high youth in conjunction with the Christian Education Commission, to preach occasionally, and to provide pastoral care and other pastoral duties when the senior pastor is away. Other opportunities will be based on the gifts that the applicant brings to ministry.
The Associate Pastor position requires the candidate to be a spiritually-centered Christian initiative-taker with a naturally engaging, welcoming presence. We seek an inspired, dynamic, outgoing and creative person with the ability to engage others, especially children and youth, in relating their faith to their daily lives and living that faith through action in the wider world.
Hours: 20 hours per week.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Start Date: As soon as possible
Anticipated duration of position: 1.5 to 2.5 years
- A person of faith having been ordained or seeking ordination
- A member of the United Church of Christ or other theologically progressive Protestant tradition
- Experience in Christian Education and youth ministry preferred and ability to work with youth that demonstrates an appreciation and respect for children of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities.
- Understanding of and commitment to Eliot Church’s mission
- Excellent communication skills with public speaking/preaching experience
- Solid organization and time management skills
- Enthusiastic and engaging
How to Apply:
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume in PDF form to email@example.com